Edtech

Startup iNurture raises Rs 10 Cr in debt from BlackSoil
Bengaluru-based edtech startup iNurture Education Solutions said it will use the funds to accelerate its digital higher education platform and meet its working capital requirements.

Yourstory
 

Lifestyle

B2B marketplace Bijnis raises $10M in Series A from Sequoia, Matrix Partners India
This infusion of capital will be used to build more products and scalable technologies focused on manufacturers in the footwear and fashion categories.

Yourstory
 

Games

Playshifu Bags INR 33 Cr From Chiratae, Inventus, Trifecta & Others
Playshifu will allocate 49,526 Series A1 Preference Share to seven allottees including Survam Partners and Bharat Innovation Fund
Playshifu has noted almost 400% jump or 4x in the last three months of operations
The company is also planning to close Series B round in the upcoming ground to facilitate its growth
 

Inc42
 

HealthTech

Medlife, PharmEasy Eye Merger As Healthtech Booms During Pandemic
The merger value is said to be around $200 Mn to $250 Mn
Both PharmEasy and Medlife are yet to turn profitable
Meanwhile, Reliance Jio may be looking to acquire Netmeds
 

Inc42
 

Entertainment

Sony Looks To Merge With Viacom18 To Challenge Disney+ Hotstar Lead
Reliance-owned Network18 owns 51% stake in Viacom 18, while Viacom holds the remaining 49%
After the merger, Sony Pictures will own 74% stake in the merged entity
Sony-Viacom has a strong Hindi general entertainment library, but is that enough in the Indian market?
 

Inc42